The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Search and Rescue Team is seeking qualified SCUBA divers who are interested in donating their time, talents, and resources to their community.
Interested applicants must attend an orientation meeting on Friday evening, March 11th at 7:00 PM at the Ventura County Criminal Justice Training Center located on the grounds of the Camarillo Airport at 106 Durley Ave. Dive Academy Training (95 hours) is held on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings from June 3rd through August 28th, 2016.
Prospective Candidates must:
- Be 21 years of age (or older)
- Own their personal dive equipment
- Be residents of Ventura County (or immediate vicinity)
- Hold Open Water SCUBA Certification (minimum)
- Demonstrate advanced diving skills
- Possess a valid California Drivers License
- Meet background requirements of the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office
Course Fee: $250.00
For additional information concerning the Dive Team or Academy, please contact:
- Dive Team Captain, Steve Giles – (805) 910-8067
- Sheriff’s SAR Coordinator, Sgt. Carl Patterson – (805) 388-4257 / (805) 388-4212